The ThreeWP Broadcast Premium Pack is an actively maintained collection of plugins that expand the functionality of ThreeWP Broadcast. The current features of the Premium Pack are:
- Advanced Custom Fields adds support for correctly broadcasting image field types using Elliot Condon’s Advanced Custom Fields plugin.
- All Blogs gives users access to all of the blogs in the network.
- Keep Child Status keeps the status of post children to private, pending, published, draft, no matter the status of the parent.
- Local Links automatically updates links to local posts on each child blog.
- Per Blog Taxonomies allows individual control of specific taxonomies for each child post.
- Permalinks provides more precise control of permalinks for both parents and children.
- Queue adds a broadcast queue which helps to broadcast posts to tens / hundreds / more blogs.
- Send To Many allows mass broadcast of several posts to blogs at once.
- User & Blog Settings can hide the broadcast meta box and/or menu, modify the meta box to force/prevent broadcast to blogs, with separate settings for users / blogs / roles.
- Views adds support for WP Types and Views content templates.
- WooCommerce allows product variations to be broadcasted.
This gets you:
- a zip file containing
- the plugin which you can use on all of your sites
- e-mail support
- updates for one year after purchase
Note that the Premium Pack requires that the free Broadcast plugin is installed and activated.
E-mail me if the Premium Pack isn’t working as it should and I’ll help you out. This assumes that no other plugins are running and you are using the default WordPress theme. If the problem is plausibly caused by other plugins or a custom theme, a remote login to your site and FTP will be required to determine the cause and get things working. Contact me to discuss the terms of the custom work.
Included plugins with screenshots
Advanced Custom Fields
If you’re using image fields from Elliot Condon’s Advanced Custom Fields plugin, you will find that images do not get broadcasted correctly. The Broadcast ACF plugin will detect that ACF is being used and automatically fix the image fields in the child posts when posts are broadcasted.
Allows access to all blogs whether the user has been added to the blog or not. This saves the super admin having to add each user to each individual blog.
Keep Child Status
Changes the status of the child posts to draft / pending / private / public, no matter the status of the parent post.
If a blog post A links to other posts, B & C, on the same blog, and you want the child post of A to link to child posts B & C, this plugin will automatically update the links in the broadcasted posts. The following screenshots help explain:
Per Blog Taxonomies
Allow each post to set taxonomies for individual children. For example, allows the parent post to have categories A, B and C, child post 1 to have catogories C and D, and child post 2 to have no categories at all. The taxonomy(ies) can also be set automatically, which synchronizes the child blog’s taxonomies with the parent blog.
The categories must already exist on the child blogs for them to be selectable.
Gives more precis control of permalinks for both parents and children. The control of permalinks the following priority: per post, per blog and sitewide.
Enable this plugin to have your broadcasts automatically queued and then handled in the background via AJAX. If you want to broadcast to tens or hundreds of blogs at a time you will need this plugin or else WordPress and PHP time and memory limits will prevent the complete broadcast.
Send To Many
Broadcast many posts to several blogs at once, instead of individually editing and broadcasting each post.
Send To Many should be used with Queue to avoid PHP limits.
User & Blog Settings
A powerful plugin that modifies Broadcast depending on which blog the user is on or which role the user has. The included documentation shows how to:
- Hide the Broadcast menu
- Hide the Broadcast meta box in the editor
- Hide the Broadcast columns in the post view
- Force, prevent or hide the linking option completely
- Same goes for the taxonomy and custom field options
- Force broadcasting to specific blogs…
- … from specific blogs, or just for specific users or roles
The above modifications can be selectively applied to any combination of blogs, roles or users. Configuration is limited mostly by your imagination. Here are some examples of how User and Blog Settings can be configured:
- Force broadcasting of all posts to blogs A and B
- Allow broadcasting only for editors on Blog C
- Allow broadcasting only for administrators on Blogs D and E
- Hide the Broadcast meta box from users eric and graham, but only when on blog D
- Force all authors on blogs A and D to broadcast to blogs B and F
- Prevent users michael and john from broadcasting
- Force users terry.g and terry.j to always broadcast to blogs A and B when they are posting from blog C
- Disallow broadcasting of custom fields for all users on blog D
- Force broadcasting of taxonomies for all editors on blog C
- Hide all traces of broadcast from all editors on blogs C and D, while at the same time forcing a broadcast to blogs A and F
The plugin has online documentation and the same info included as a tab in the plugin’s menu.
If you have Views plugin from WP Types installed, the content template for the post will be automatically transferred to the equivalent content template on the child blog.
For the content template to be correctly transferred, a content template with the exact same name has to exist on the child blog.
To enable support for WooCommerce products with variations, enable this plugin. Else only normal, simple products are able to be broadcasted.
Here is the changelog for the ThreeWP Broadcast Premium Pack.